- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
Stan Van Gundy Takes Another Verbal Jab at LeBron James
- Updated: April 20, 2016
Trying once again to reinforce the perception of Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James as someone being protected by officials, Detroit Pistons head coach Stan Van Gundy continues to try and make his case through the media as the two teams get ready to resume their series on Wednesday night.
After complaining during Sunday’s 106-101 loss to the Cavaliers about how officials allow James free reign on the court without fear of being called for charging, Van Gundy shows no signs of veering away from such talk. Rod Beard of The Detroit News passed on the latest Van Gundy remark via a tweet:
#Pistons SVG on drawing charges on LeBron: "It was pretty clear the other night that it was impossible to do."
— Rod Beard (@detnewsRodBeard) April 20, 2016
Van Gundy’s previous remarks resulted in a $25,000 fine, but he’s hoping that the loss of money will simply be a down payment on officials keeping James in line.
The possibility of Van Gundy ramping up such comments this weekend exists, since the series shifts to Detroit’s home court for games on Friday and Sunday night.