- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Veteran Guard Dahntay Jones
- Updated: April 13, 2016
After the Cleveland Cavaliers’ morning shootaround on Wednesday, the team announced the signing of veteran guard Dahntay Jones, who will be in uniform for the team’s final regular season game against the Detroit Pistons.
The 35-year-old Jones is a 6’6″ guard who was most recently playing for the Grand Rapids Drive of the NBA Development League. During his time with the team, he averaged 15.7 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.5 assists.
“It’s an amazing opportunity,” Jones said. “It’s a great organization with some great players. It’s an opportunity to come and try to help in any way possible. I’m just happy to be here. Blessed to have the opportunity.”
Jones was the 20th overall selection in the 2003 NBA Draft by the Boston Celtics. He was part of a draft night trade that sent him to Memphis along with Troy Bell. In exchange, the Celtics received Marcus Banks and former Cavalier Kendrick Perkins.
During his 11 seasons in the NBA, Jones has played with seven other NBA teams: Memphis, Sacramento, Denver, Indiana, Dallas, Atlanta and the Los Angeles Clippers. He has NBA career averages of 5.4 points, 1.7 rebounds, and 0.8 assists in 622 contests.