- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
- Four Reasons the Cleveland Cavaliers Should Pursue Chris Bosh in 2017
- Iconic LeBron James Banner to Be Replaced in Downtown Cleveland
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Veteran Guard Dahntay Jones
- Updated: April 13, 2016
After the Cleveland Cavaliers’ morning shootaround on Wednesday, the team announced the signing of veteran guard Dahntay Jones, who will be in uniform for the team’s final regular season game against the Detroit Pistons.
The 35-year-old Jones is a 6’6″ guard who was most recently playing for the Grand Rapids Drive of the NBA Development League. During his time with the team, he averaged 15.7 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.5 assists.
“It’s an amazing opportunity,” Jones said. “It’s a great organization with some great players. It’s an opportunity to come and try to help in any way possible. I’m just happy to be here. Blessed to have the opportunity.”
Jones was the 20th overall selection in the 2003 NBA Draft by the Boston Celtics. He was part of a draft night trade that sent him to Memphis along with Troy Bell. In exchange, the Celtics received Marcus Banks and former Cavalier Kendrick Perkins.
During his 11 seasons in the NBA, Jones has played with seven other NBA teams: Memphis, Sacramento, Denver, Indiana, Dallas, Atlanta and the Los Angeles Clippers. He has NBA career averages of 5.4 points, 1.7 rebounds, and 0.8 assists in 622 contests.