- Nate Robinson Addresses Cavs’ Need for Backup Point Guard
- Richard Jefferson Fires Retaliatory Shot at Stephen Curry’s ‘Champagne’ Comments
- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Veteran Guard Dahntay Jones
- Updated: April 13, 2016
After the Cleveland Cavaliers’ morning shootaround on Wednesday, the team announced the signing of veteran guard Dahntay Jones, who will be in uniform for the team’s final regular season game against the Detroit Pistons.
The 35-year-old Jones is a 6’6″ guard who was most recently playing for the Grand Rapids Drive of the NBA Development League. During his time with the team, he averaged 15.7 points, 4.2 rebounds and 2.5 assists.
“It’s an amazing opportunity,” Jones said. “It’s a great organization with some great players. It’s an opportunity to come and try to help in any way possible. I’m just happy to be here. Blessed to have the opportunity.”
Jones was the 20th overall selection in the 2003 NBA Draft by the Boston Celtics. He was part of a draft night trade that sent him to Memphis along with Troy Bell. In exchange, the Celtics received Marcus Banks and former Cavalier Kendrick Perkins.
During his 11 seasons in the NBA, Jones has played with seven other NBA teams: Memphis, Sacramento, Denver, Indiana, Dallas, Atlanta and the Los Angeles Clippers. He has NBA career averages of 5.4 points, 1.7 rebounds, and 0.8 assists in 622 contests.