- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
- Video: LeBron James Makes Special Announcement via Uninterrupted Platform
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Have Yet to Hold a Practice Session in 2017
- Klay Thompson Sneak Disses Cleveland Cavaliers During Radio Interview
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers to Sign Ray Allen for Rest of 2015-16 Season
- Updated: April 1, 2016
After much speculation about whether or not shooting guard Ray Allen would come out of retirement to join an NBA team, it looks like his intentions have been officially been confirmed.
Back in August, Allen had told the Hartford Courant,
“I haven’t said anything about that and I won’t officially retire. Because if something came to the table, contractually and situationally, I want to be able to take a strong look at it. I don’t want to be that guy that says he’s retiring and then is coming back. I didn’t miss it. I realized how much time I missed not being home with my kids. I probably missed it in the Finals. Watching Cleveland and Golden State play, it just seemed like an epic battle that required a lot of precision on the floor and that’s when I felt, that was probably the only time that I felt like, ‘Man, I should have been out there.’”
So evidently, there has been speculation for a while.
Allen is a career 18.9 PPG scorer and a legitimate threat from beyond the arc as a 40% 3-point shooter. He will be a great addition to the Cavs as he has championship experience and has played with James before in the past.