- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
- Four Reasons the Cleveland Cavaliers Should Pursue Chris Bosh in 2017
- Iconic LeBron James Banner to Be Replaced in Downtown Cleveland
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers to Sign Ray Allen for Rest of 2015-16 Season
- Updated: April 1, 2016
After much speculation about whether or not shooting guard Ray Allen would come out of retirement to join an NBA team, it looks like his intentions have been officially been confirmed.
Back in August, Allen had told the Hartford Courant,
“I haven’t said anything about that and I won’t officially retire. Because if something came to the table, contractually and situationally, I want to be able to take a strong look at it. I don’t want to be that guy that says he’s retiring and then is coming back. I didn’t miss it. I realized how much time I missed not being home with my kids. I probably missed it in the Finals. Watching Cleveland and Golden State play, it just seemed like an epic battle that required a lot of precision on the floor and that’s when I felt, that was probably the only time that I felt like, ‘Man, I should have been out there.’”
So evidently, there has been speculation for a while.
Allen is a career 18.9 PPG scorer and a legitimate threat from beyond the arc as a 40% 3-point shooter. He will be a great addition to the Cavs as he has championship experience and has played with James before in the past.