- Kyrie Irving Struggling With New Responsibility of Defending Elite Point Guards
- Video: LeBron James Takes Brutal Knee to Groin From Wizards Big Man
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Game Recap: Cavs Unable to Contain Wizards Onslaught
- Report: LeBron James Officially Listed as Questionable vs. Washington Wizards
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets Game Recap: Cavs Clinch Central Division
- Kyrie Irving’s Nike Signature Shoe Now Top-Selling Basketball Sneaker
- Kyrie Irving’s Embarrassed Reaction to LeBron James Singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Him on Bus
- Video: LeBron James Calls Out Certain Teammates for Lack of Toughness
- Video: Nuggets Reporter Sitting Courtside Trash Talks LeBron James During Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers to Sign Ray Allen for Rest of 2015-16 Season
- Updated: April 1, 2016
After much speculation about whether or not shooting guard Ray Allen would come out of retirement to join an NBA team, it looks like his intentions have been officially been confirmed.
Back in August, Allen had told the Hartford Courant,
“I haven’t said anything about that and I won’t officially retire. Because if something came to the table, contractually and situationally, I want to be able to take a strong look at it. I don’t want to be that guy that says he’s retiring and then is coming back. I didn’t miss it. I realized how much time I missed not being home with my kids. I probably missed it in the Finals. Watching Cleveland and Golden State play, it just seemed like an epic battle that required a lot of precision on the floor and that’s when I felt, that was probably the only time that I felt like, ‘Man, I should have been out there.’”
So evidently, there has been speculation for a while.
Allen is a career 18.9 PPG scorer and a legitimate threat from beyond the arc as a 40% 3-point shooter. He will be a great addition to the Cavs as he has championship experience and has played with James before in the past.