- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Cavs News: LeBron James Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Updated: March 7, 2016
For the third time in the 2015-16 season, Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week by the NBA. It also marks the 51st time in his storied career that James has received the accolade, a league record.
Coming just days after James was tabbed as the Eastern Conference Player of the Month for February, James was rewarded for his play in three Cavaliers home victories last week. On February 29, he scored 33 points in 37 minutes in the team’s 100-96 victory over the Indiana Pacers.
Four nights later, he collected a double-double with 19 points and 13 rebounds in a 108-83 win over the Washington Wizards. The following evening, he again collected a double-double by scoring 28 and grabbing 11 rebounds in a 120-103 victory over the Boston Celtics.
James is averaging 24.8 points, 7.3 rebounds and 6.6 assists in his 59 games this season, leading his team to a current record of 44-17, best in the Eastern Conference.