- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
- Video: LeBron James Makes Special Announcement via Uninterrupted Platform
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Have Yet to Hold a Practice Session in 2017
- Klay Thompson Sneak Disses Cleveland Cavaliers During Radio Interview
Cavs News: Iman Shumpert Expected to Return Friday vs. Toronto Raptors
- Updated: February 26, 2016
That news, from Chris Haynes of Cleveland.com, means that the shoulder troubles that have kept Shumpert out of the team’s last three games, have been cleared up. Shumpert suffered a stinger during the Cavaliers’ February 18 home win against the Chicago Bulls, when he went for a steal and hit his shoulder against the Bulls’ Doug McDermott.
Haynes’ information is based on comments by Tyronn Lue during Friday morning’s shootaround:
“He’s going to go through shootaround and he’s supposed to be a go,” Lue said.
The injury was to the same shoulder that Shumpert injured last year while with the New York Knicks. He was still rehabilitating the injury when he was traded to the Cavaliers along with J.R. Smith on January 5, 2015, which delayed his debut with the Cavs.
Shumpert’s defensive prowess will be especially helpful in the important matchup against the Raptors, who are currently just three games behind Cleveland for the best record in the Eastern Conference.