- Richard Jefferson Fires Retaliatory Shot at Stephen Curry’s ‘Champagne’ Comments
- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
- Video: LeBron James Makes Special Announcement via Uninterrupted Platform
Cavs News: Cavaliers Acquire Channing Frye in Three-Team Trade
- Updated: February 18, 2016
The Cleveland Cavaliers have traded for veteran Orlando Magic forward Channing Frye in a three-way deal that includes the Portland Trail Blazers and ends the Cavalier careers of veteran forward/center Anderson Varejao and Jared Cunningham.
The deal, which was noted by Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal, has Cleveland dealing Cunningham and a second-round pick (acquired from the Trail Blazers) to Orlando in exchange for Frye. Meanwhile, Varejao and a conditional first-round selection will be sent to Portland. Cunningham and Varejao are then expected to be released, with NBA rules preventing them from re-joining the Cavaliers for one year.
The rumored deal for Frye has been prominently discussed within the last few days, with the Los Angeles Clippers a strong contender for Frye’s services. However, the Clippers and Magic were unable to come to an agreement, which allowed the Cavaliers to make the deal.
Cleveland will be Frye’s fifth team in 10 seasons of NBA play and has two years remaining on a contract he signed in 2014. He’s currently averaging 5.2 points and 3.2 rebounds, but has connected on 48 of his 121 three-point attempts this year, good for a 39.7 shooting percentage.
Given the late transaction, Frye’s first appearance in a Cavs uniform won’t take place until Sunday afternoon’s game in Oklahoma City.