- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
LeBron James Dismisses Rumors of Potential Kevin Love Trade
- Updated: February 13, 2016
Rumors of a pending trade of Cleveland Cavaliers’ forward Kevin Love to the Boston Celtics were dismissed by LeBron James, who was asked about the rumor during All-Star Game festivities on Saturday morning.
James’ comments were reported via a tweet from Cleveland Plain Dealer reporter Chris Haynes:
LeBron James was asked about the Kevin Love rumor to Boston. "It's false."
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) February 13, 2016
The potential deal, which was first reported by Frank Isola of the New York Daily News on Friday, had Love as part of three-team trade involving the Cavaliers, Celtics and New York Knicks. Love would go to Boston, while the Knicks would send Carmelo Anthony to Cleveland. In exchange, the Cavaliers would surrender center Timofey Mozgov, with undisclosed draft picks also part of the alleged package.
The basis for the rumor is that James and Anthony were both top first-round selections in the 2003 NBA Draft, and have a longstanding friendship. In addition, the perception among some national media is that Love continues to struggle in his role with the Cavs.
The NBA trading deadline comes on Thursday at 3 p.m., with the Cavaliers reportedly involved in other deals.