- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
- Video: LeBron James Makes Special Announcement via Uninterrupted Platform
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Have Yet to Hold a Practice Session in 2017
LeBron James Dismisses Rumors of Potential Kevin Love Trade
- Updated: February 13, 2016
Rumors of a pending trade of Cleveland Cavaliers’ forward Kevin Love to the Boston Celtics were dismissed by LeBron James, who was asked about the rumor during All-Star Game festivities on Saturday morning.
James’ comments were reported via a tweet from Cleveland Plain Dealer reporter Chris Haynes:
LeBron James was asked about the Kevin Love rumor to Boston. "It's false."
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) February 13, 2016
The potential deal, which was first reported by Frank Isola of the New York Daily News on Friday, had Love as part of three-team trade involving the Cavaliers, Celtics and New York Knicks. Love would go to Boston, while the Knicks would send Carmelo Anthony to Cleveland. In exchange, the Cavaliers would surrender center Timofey Mozgov, with undisclosed draft picks also part of the alleged package.
The basis for the rumor is that James and Anthony were both top first-round selections in the 2003 NBA Draft, and have a longstanding friendship. In addition, the perception among some national media is that Love continues to struggle in his role with the Cavs.
The NBA trading deadline comes on Thursday at 3 p.m., with the Cavaliers reportedly involved in other deals.