- Several Warriors Players Reveal the One Cavs Player They Actually Like
- Nate Robinson Addresses Cavs’ Need for Backup Point Guard
- Richard Jefferson Fires Retaliatory Shot at Stephen Curry’s ‘Champagne’ Comments
- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
10 Reasons Tyronn Lue Will Take the Cavs to the Next Level
- Updated: January 24, 2016
In the wake of the stunning dismissal of David Blatt as head coach, the Cleveland Cavaliers now have Tyronn Lue in his place. The 38-year-old Lue still has the same mandate of not only reaching the NBA Finals again, but winning it this time.
Reaching that next level is something that team general manager David Griffin didn’t believe that Blatt could accomplish, which resulted in the abrupt change. Listed below are 10 reasons why Lue is the person who can help the Cavaliers attain their ultimate goal:
1. Greater Rules Awareness
In last season’s Eastern Conference semifinals, the Cavaliers were able to win Game 4 against the Chicago Bulls when LeBron James connected on the game-winning shot. However, they narrowly missed losing due to an almost errant mistake by Blatt. In the closing seconds of the game, with no timeouts remaining, coach Blatt tried to call a timeout, which would have resulted in a technical foul.
The reason Blatt wasn’t able to get their attention was because Lue realized the looming disaster and prevented Blatt from saying anything further. At the time, that was seen as another example of Blatt’s unfamiliarity with NBA rules, something that Lue should have no trouble with.
Next: Sphere of Influence