- Video: Nuggets Reporter Sitting Courtside Trash Talks LeBron James During Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
Report: Teams Inquiring About Trading For Timofey Mozgov
- Updated: January 8, 2016
The trade deadline is a little over a month away and Timofey Mozgov may be on the move.
Despite starting at center for the Cavaliers in the 2015 NBA Finals and at the beginning of this season, Mozgov has now become a bench player over the past couple of weeks. Head coach David Blatt replaced Mozgov with Tristan Thompson in the starting lineup on December 28th. Mozgov’s minutes have steadily declined ever since, as he’s averaged just 4.3 points and 3.3 rebounds in 11.3 minutes per game in the month of January.
It’s worth noting that the 29-year-old will be an unrestricted free agent this summer and will likely garner strong interest and a lucrative long-term deal as the salary cap increases. The Cavs’ plan was to re-sign him, but a return for Mozgov may be less attractive now that he’s coming off of the bench. However, Cleveland does own his Bird rights and he is eligible for a five-year extension with the franchise.
If the 7-foot-1 center were to re-sign with the team on a $10 million annual deal, it would cost the Cavaliers over $26 million in salary and luxury tax.
While Cleveland is telling teams that they’re not interested in trading Mozgov right now, a lot can change between now and the trade deadline on February 18th.