- Nate Robinson Addresses Cavs’ Need for Backup Point Guard
- Richard Jefferson Fires Retaliatory Shot at Stephen Curry’s ‘Champagne’ Comments
- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
Kyrie Irving on Return: ‘I’m Pretty F*cking Excited’
- Updated: December 20, 2015
It’s official—Kyrie Irving is returning versus the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday.
Following his announcement that he’d be back, Irving could not contain his excitement while addressing the media, via Chris Haynes on Twitter:
Kyrie Irving addressing media and says “I’m pretty F-ing excited.” Said his emotions will probably take over later today.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) December 19, 2015
Irving’s return on Sunday will mark his first in-game action since injuring his knee versus the Golden State Warriors on June 4th in Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
“I’ve been ready to play, but bio-mechanically, we just wanted to make sure everything was good so I’m not putting myself at higher risk to go out there and get hurt again.”
While Irving stresses that his knee feels stronger than ever, head coach David Blatt will keep him on a minutes-restriction during his first couple of games. After taking on the Sixers on Sunday, the Cavaliers will play the New York Knicks on Wednesday.
The minutes restriction will ease Irving back into the lineup as Cleveland prepares for their rematch versus the Warriors on Christmas Day on Friday.