- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
Kyrie Irving on Return: ‘I’m Pretty F*cking Excited’
- Updated: December 20, 2015
It’s official—Kyrie Irving is returning versus the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday.
Following his announcement that he’d be back, Irving could not contain his excitement while addressing the media, via Chris Haynes on Twitter:
Kyrie Irving addressing media and says “I’m pretty F-ing excited.” Said his emotions will probably take over later today.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) December 19, 2015
Irving’s return on Sunday will mark his first in-game action since injuring his knee versus the Golden State Warriors on June 4th in Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
“I’ve been ready to play, but bio-mechanically, we just wanted to make sure everything was good so I’m not putting myself at higher risk to go out there and get hurt again.”
While Irving stresses that his knee feels stronger than ever, head coach David Blatt will keep him on a minutes-restriction during his first couple of games. After taking on the Sixers on Sunday, the Cavaliers will play the New York Knicks on Wednesday.
The minutes restriction will ease Irving back into the lineup as Cleveland prepares for their rematch versus the Warriors on Christmas Day on Friday.