- Kyrie Irving Struggling With New Responsibility of Defending Elite Point Guards
- Video: LeBron James Takes Brutal Knee to Groin From Wizards Big Man
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Game Recap: Cavs Unable to Contain Wizards Onslaught
- Report: LeBron James Officially Listed as Questionable vs. Washington Wizards
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets Game Recap: Cavs Clinch Central Division
- Kyrie Irving’s Nike Signature Shoe Now Top-Selling Basketball Sneaker
- Kyrie Irving’s Embarrassed Reaction to LeBron James Singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Him on Bus
- Video: LeBron James Calls Out Certain Teammates for Lack of Toughness
- Video: Nuggets Reporter Sitting Courtside Trash Talks LeBron James During Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
Cavs News: Kyrie Irving to Make Return on Sunday vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Updated: December 19, 2015
Kyrie Irving is officially back.
The 23-year-old point guard has announced on Twitter that he’ll make his long awaited season debut versus the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday afternoon:
— Kyrie Irving (@KyrieIrving) December 19, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers star had missed the first 24 games of the season due to a knee injury he suffered in Game 1 of the NBA Finals last June. Over the last couple of weeks, Irving had engaged in practices with the team.
It was previously believed that he would make his season debut versus the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday night, but Irving quickly refuted that report, citing the story as false.
Irving’s season debut couldn’t come at a better time—the Cavaliers will take on the league-worst 1-27 Sixers on Sunday.
After missing first 24 games, #Cavs G Kyrie Irving (knee) announced on Twitter he’ll make long awaited season debut Sunday against Sixers.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) December 19, 2015
With Irving now back in the lineup, Cleveland is back at full strength as they prepare for their Christmas Day showdown with the Golden State Warriors.