- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Phoenix Suns Game Recap: Ice-Cold Bron
- Video: LeBron James Discusses What Kyle Korver Brings to the Cavs
- Timofey Mozgov: ‘To be honest I miss Cleveland. Everything was special there’
- Channing Frye’s Reaction to the Kyle Korver Trade Is Pure Gold
- Video: Kyrie Irving Has Difficulty Containing Excitement When Asked About Addition of Kyle Korver
- Video: J.R. Smith and His Wife Share Heartbreaking News via Social Media
- 7 Backup Point Guards Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Looking to Target
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets Game Recap: Alpha Dogs
- Video: Kyrie Irving Caps Off Personal 12-0 Run With Unbelievable Circus Shot
- LeBron James: ‘We gotta get a point guard. It’s my last time saying it’
Cavs News: Kyrie Irving to Make Return on Sunday vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Updated: December 19, 2015
Kyrie Irving is officially back.
The 23-year-old point guard has announced on Twitter that he’ll make his long awaited season debut versus the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday afternoon:
— Kyrie Irving (@KyrieIrving) December 19, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers star had missed the first 24 games of the season due to a knee injury he suffered in Game 1 of the NBA Finals last June. Over the last couple of weeks, Irving had engaged in practices with the team.
It was previously believed that he would make his season debut versus the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday night, but Irving quickly refuted that report, citing the story as false.
Irving’s season debut couldn’t come at a better time—the Cavaliers will take on the league-worst 1-27 Sixers on Sunday.
After missing first 24 games, #Cavs G Kyrie Irving (knee) announced on Twitter he’ll make long awaited season debut Sunday against Sixers.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) December 19, 2015
With Irving now back in the lineup, Cleveland is back at full strength as they prepare for their Christmas Day showdown with the Golden State Warriors.