- Michael Phelps Gives LeBron James Ultimate Compliment After Clutch Performance in Phoenix
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Phoenix Suns Game Recap: Ice-Cold Bron
- Video: LeBron James Discusses What Kyle Korver Brings to the Cavs
- Timofey Mozgov: ‘To be honest I miss Cleveland. Everything was special there’
- Channing Frye’s Reaction to the Kyle Korver Trade Is Pure Gold
- Video: Kyrie Irving Has Difficulty Containing Excitement When Asked About Addition of Kyle Korver
- Video: J.R. Smith and His Wife Share Heartbreaking News via Social Media
- 7 Backup Point Guards Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Looking to Target
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets Game Recap: Alpha Dogs
- Video: Kyrie Irving Caps Off Personal 12-0 Run With Unbelievable Circus Shot
Cavs News: Iman Shumpert (Wrist) Active Tonight Against Orlando Magic
- Updated: December 11, 2015
That news came via a tweet from Cleveland Plain Dealer beat writer Chris Haynes:
#Cavs G Iman Shumpert (wrist) said he'll go through shootaround, pregame work and said he hopes to play tonight against Orlando.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) December 11, 2015
While there’s no guarantee that Shumpert will actually take the court on Friday, his return to the starting lineup appears imminent. Originally, when his wrist injury was detected on the first day of training camp, Shumpert was expected to be out until January.
There’s no word exactly when the other component of the Cavaliers’ injured starting backcourt, guard Kyrie Irving, will be able to resume playing. He last saw game action in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, leaving midway through the overtime period. Later that evening, he was diagnosed with a fractured left kneecap and has spent the past six months working his way back.
However, Irving is also close to resuming his place in the Cavs starting lineup, and could potentially see action in Tuesday night’s road clash against the Boston Celtics.