- Kyrie Irving Struggling With New Responsibility of Defending Elite Point Guards
- Video: LeBron James Takes Brutal Knee to Groin From Wizards Big Man
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Game Recap: Cavs Unable to Contain Wizards Onslaught
- Report: LeBron James Officially Listed as Questionable vs. Washington Wizards
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets Game Recap: Cavs Clinch Central Division
- Kyrie Irving’s Nike Signature Shoe Now Top-Selling Basketball Sneaker
- Kyrie Irving’s Embarrassed Reaction to LeBron James Singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Him on Bus
- Video: LeBron James Calls Out Certain Teammates for Lack of Toughness
- Video: Nuggets Reporter Sitting Courtside Trash Talks LeBron James During Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
Cavs News: Iman Shumpert (Wrist) Active Tonight Against Orlando Magic
- Updated: December 11, 2015
That news came via a tweet from Cleveland Plain Dealer beat writer Chris Haynes:
#Cavs G Iman Shumpert (wrist) said he'll go through shootaround, pregame work and said he hopes to play tonight against Orlando.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) December 11, 2015
While there’s no guarantee that Shumpert will actually take the court on Friday, his return to the starting lineup appears imminent. Originally, when his wrist injury was detected on the first day of training camp, Shumpert was expected to be out until January.
There’s no word exactly when the other component of the Cavaliers’ injured starting backcourt, guard Kyrie Irving, will be able to resume playing. He last saw game action in Game 1 of the NBA Finals, leaving midway through the overtime period. Later that evening, he was diagnosed with a fractured left kneecap and has spent the past six months working his way back.
However, Irving is also close to resuming his place in the Cavs starting lineup, and could potentially see action in Tuesday night’s road clash against the Boston Celtics.