- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
- Video: LeBron James Makes Special Announcement via Uninterrupted Platform
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Have Yet to Hold a Practice Session in 2017
- Klay Thompson Sneak Disses Cleveland Cavaliers During Radio Interview
LeBron James and Michelle Obama Team up to Promote Higher Education
- Updated: October 21, 2015
Wednesday afternoon will see the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James and First Lady Michelle Obama team up for an event at the University of Akron that will help promote the importance of higher education.
James is attending because many of the attendees at the event will be from the Wheels for Education program and Akron I PROMISE Network that’s part of the LeBron James Family Foundation.
That project is seen as a complement to Mrs. Obama’s own Reach Higher initiative, which is attempting to promote the idea of graduating high school students attending a college, university, community college or trade school.
In August, James announced that his foundation was going to commit in offering scholarships to the University of Akron for students that graduate from Akron public schools. In addition to graduating, those students must also maintain good attendance at school, perform community service and address any testing or academic needs.
James has also filmed a two-minute commercial about the project that was released on Tuesday: