- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
LeBron James and Michelle Obama Team up to Promote Higher Education
- Updated: October 21, 2015
Wednesday afternoon will see the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James and First Lady Michelle Obama team up for an event at the University of Akron that will help promote the importance of higher education.
James is attending because many of the attendees at the event will be from the Wheels for Education program and Akron I PROMISE Network that’s part of the LeBron James Family Foundation.
That project is seen as a complement to Mrs. Obama’s own Reach Higher initiative, which is attempting to promote the idea of graduating high school students attending a college, university, community college or trade school.
In August, James announced that his foundation was going to commit in offering scholarships to the University of Akron for students that graduate from Akron public schools. In addition to graduating, those students must also maintain good attendance at school, perform community service and address any testing or academic needs.
James has also filmed a two-minute commercial about the project that was released on Tuesday: