- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Waive Forward John Holland
- LeBron James: ‘Teams Get Together in This League to Try to Beat Me’
- Report: Cavs ‘Actively Shopping’ Mo Williams and Jordan McRae
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Listening to Trade Offers for Iman Shumpert
- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
Cavs News: J.R. Smith and Mo Williams to Sit out Against Memphis
- Updated: October 12, 2015
Smith, whose acquisition in January from the New York Knicks in a three-team trade reinvigorated his career and helped jump start the Cavs, has a sore left hamstring. He came down with the injury last week before the preseason opener against the Atlanta Hawks and was held out of the game at Philadelphia.
Williams, who will likely begin the season as the starting point guard with Kyrie Irving sidelined, is doing fine physically. The Cavs are just giving him the night off as part of the team’s Body Maintenance and Management Program.
“It’s not a serious injury but on the other hand, it’s a tricky thing that you really have to be cautious about and that’s what we’ve been doing,” Blatt said. “We haven’t pressed it and we haven’t pushed it.”
The absences of Smith and Williams will likely result in more playing time against the Grizzlies for Jared Cunningham and Quinn Cook. Cunningham turned more than a few heads in the loss to the 76ers by going off for 31 points, including 21 before halftime. Cook played 15 minutes off the bench in that game but had a team-worst minus-16 rating while on the floor.