- Video: LeBron James Responds to Tyronn Lue’s Plan to Rest Players at End of Season
- Tyronn Lue Considering Resting Stars for Final Stretch of Regular Season
- Kyrie Irving Struggling With New Responsibility of Defending Elite Point Guards
- Video: LeBron James Takes Brutal Knee to Groin From Wizards Big Man
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Game Recap: Cavs Unable to Contain Wizards Onslaught
- Report: LeBron James Officially Listed as Questionable vs. Washington Wizards
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets Game Recap: Cavs Clinch Central Division
- Kyrie Irving’s Nike Signature Shoe Now Top-Selling Basketball Sneaker
- Kyrie Irving’s Embarrassed Reaction to LeBron James Singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Him on Bus
- Video: LeBron James Calls Out Certain Teammates for Lack of Toughness
LeBron James Urges Cleveland Cavaliers and Tristan Thompson to Get a Deal Done
- Updated: October 4, 2015
The latest volley in the back-and-forth negotiations between the Cleveland Cavaliers and restricted free agent Tristan Thompson took yet another turn on Saturday night when a brief Instagram post by LeBron James seemed to hint that the pressure was back on the Cavaliers.
Both James and Thompson attended a wedding in Miami on Saturday evening, with the two posing for a photograph. James then posted the photograph and wrote the message, “Get it done!!!!” before then adding a hashtag that stated, “#MissMyBrother.”
James, who shares Rich Paul as an agent with Thompson, has previously declined to get involved in the contentious negotiations.
Dave McMenamin of ESPN noted that last September, James made a push for the Phoenix Suns to sign Eric Bledsoe, who was also a client of Paul’s. Within three weeks, Bledsoe signed a $70 million, five-year deal after having turned down $12 million a year over four seasons.
The sticking point between the Cavs and Thompson is a $14 million difference, with Cleveland offering $80 million over five years and Thompson (through Paul) asking for a max deal that would pay $94 million over that same period.