- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Listening to Trade Offers for Iman Shumpert
- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
LeBron James Urges Cleveland Cavaliers and Tristan Thompson to Get a Deal Done
- Updated: October 4, 2015
The latest volley in the back-and-forth negotiations between the Cleveland Cavaliers and restricted free agent Tristan Thompson took yet another turn on Saturday night when a brief Instagram post by LeBron James seemed to hint that the pressure was back on the Cavaliers.
Both James and Thompson attended a wedding in Miami on Saturday evening, with the two posing for a photograph. James then posted the photograph and wrote the message, “Get it done!!!!” before then adding a hashtag that stated, “#MissMyBrother.”
James, who shares Rich Paul as an agent with Thompson, has previously declined to get involved in the contentious negotiations.
Dave McMenamin of ESPN noted that last September, James made a push for the Phoenix Suns to sign Eric Bledsoe, who was also a client of Paul’s. Within three weeks, Bledsoe signed a $70 million, five-year deal after having turned down $12 million a year over four seasons.
The sticking point between the Cavs and Thompson is a $14 million difference, with Cleveland offering $80 million over five years and Thompson (through Paul) asking for a max deal that would pay $94 million over that same period.