- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Waive Forward John Holland
- LeBron James: ‘Teams Get Together in This League to Try to Beat Me’
- Report: Cavs ‘Actively Shopping’ Mo Williams and Jordan McRae
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Listening to Trade Offers for Iman Shumpert
- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
Cavs Rumors: David Griffin Expects Tristan Thompson to Be in Camp on Friday
- Updated: October 1, 2015
Thompson, who is facing a 11:59 p.m. deadline on Thursday night to accept the Cavs’ $7 million qualifying offer, can choose to reject the offer and continue negotiations. The team had the right to extend the Oct. 1 deadline, however chose not to do so.
“We fully expect (Friday) he’ll be here in some form or fashion and we’re excited to get going,” Griffin said on NBA TV during a live broadcast of Thursday’s Cavs practice. “We’re hopeful that he wants to move forward with his teammates in the same way we want to have Tristan here. If we can come to some agreement we will.”
If 24-year-old power forward does choose to accept the qualifying offer, that means he will become an unrestricted free agent after the upcoming season.