- Video: Nuggets Reporter Sitting Courtside Trash Talks LeBron James During Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
Cavs News: Iman Shumpert to Miss At Least Three Months with Wrist Injury
- Updated: September 29, 2015
The injury problems that plagued the Cleveland Cavaliers last season have resurfaced on the first official day of training camp with news that guard Iman Shumpert will miss at least three months due to a wrist injury.
The team announced the news on their official website on Tuesday afternoon, saying that the injury to Shumpert, a ruptured extensor carpi ulanris sheath in his right wrist, was discovered after an MRI was taken at Cleveland Clinic on Monday.
Cavs announce that Iman Shumpert had right wrist surgery and will miss 12-14 weeks pic.twitter.com/Hj4WM8mDo3
— AP (@Ananth_Pandian) September 29, 2015
Surgery on Shumpert’s wrist will be performed on Wednesday, with the guard expected to miss between 12-14 weeks, which would mean he would ready sometime during January.
During media day interviews on Monday, Shumpert gave no indication that there were any health issues that might preclude him from starting the season.
Last season, Shumpert injured his shoulder while still with the New York Knicks and missed six weeks of action. While still recovering from that injury, he was dealt with J.R. Smith on January 5 to the Cavaliers.