- Nate Robinson Addresses Cavs’ Need for Backup Point Guard
- Richard Jefferson Fires Retaliatory Shot at Stephen Curry’s ‘Champagne’ Comments
- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Sign Center Chris Johnson to Training Camp Deal
- Updated: September 25, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers‘ training camp roster is finally complete.
According to Chris Haynes of the Northeast Ohio Media Group, the Cavaliers signed free agent center Chris Johnson to a non-guaranteed deal on Friday, making Johnson the 20th and final man on Cleveland’s roster as they begin training camp on September 29th.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) September 25, 2015
The 30-year-old Johnson went undrafted in 2009 and has had stints with four different teams during his time in the NBA. More recently, the 6’11” center played overseas in Turkey during the 2014-15 season.
Johnson will compete with Quinn Cook, D.J. Stephens, Jared Cunningham, Nick Minnerath and Austin Daye for the team’s 15th and final regular season roster spot. The center will look to compete for playing time on a frontline that includes Timofey Mozgov, Kevin Love, Anderson Varejao, Sasha Kaun and likely Tristan Thompson.
Through 71 career games and one start, Johnson holds averages of 2.9 points, 2.0 rebounds and 0.9 blocks per game on 56.2 percent shooting from the field. He last played in the NBA for the Minnesota Timberwolves during the 2012-13 season.