- Timofey Mozgov: ‘To be honest I miss Cleveland. Everything was special there’
- Channing Frye’s Reaction to the Kyle Korver Trade Is Pure Gold
- Video: Kyrie Irving Has Difficulty Containing Excitement When Asked About Addition of Kyle Korver
- Video: J.R. Smith and His Wife Share Heartbreaking News via Social Media
- 7 Backup Point Guards Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Looking to Target
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets Game Recap: Alpha Dogs
- Video: Kyrie Irving Caps Off Personal 12-0 Run With Unbelievable Circus Shot
- LeBron James: ‘We gotta get a point guard. It’s my last time saying it’
- Report: Frontrunner Emerges as Cavs Expected to Obtain Backup Point Guard Within Next Week
- Video: Kyle Korver Speaks for First Time on Trade to Cleveland Cavaliers
Cavs News: Cavaliers to Have All Players Ready for Start of Training Camp
- Updated: September 21, 2015
It looks like the Cleveland Cavaliers will have the whole band back together by the time training camp starts.
Chris Haynes of Northeast Ohio Media Group reports that Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving, Anderson Varejao and Timofey Mozgov will all be ready for the start of training camp on September 29th. All four players are recovering from surgery.
In the cases of Love and Irving, both players will be active during camp, but on a “limited” basis, as Haynes mentions in the article:
“Irving (fractured knee cap) and Love (separated shoulder) will be active during camp, but on a limited basis. The Cavaliers will work the two in slowly and cautiously. The anticipation is that Love will be fully cleared with no limitations before Irving is given the green light, I’m told.”
Love has been limited to non-contact drills on the court thus far, while Irving has been coy about the type of training he’s been doing since undergoing surgery for a fractured left knee cap.
In regards to Mozgov (knee scope) and Varejao (Achilles tendon tear), both aren’t expected to be restricted once camp opens. However, both players will be closely monitored by the team throughout camp.
With the Cavaliers expected to make yet another run at the championship in 2016, the team is taking every caution necessary with their star players.