- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
Cavs News: Tristan Thompson Will Not Attend LeBron’s Pre-Training Camp
- Updated: September 11, 2015
It looks like Tristan Thompson won’t be attending LeBron James’ pre-training camp after all.
“Restricted free agent Tristan Thompson will not attend the assembly, Northeast Ohio Media Group was informed. With the 24-year-old in the midst of a lengthy contract stalemate with the club, he has elected not to appear.”
It’s clear what Thompson’s message to the organization is: “I’m not currently under contract and don’t assume that I will play for the Cavaliers this season.”
The 24-year-old forward desires a max contract, while Cleveland has offered him a five-year contract worth $80 million.
Though Thompson doesn’t plan on attending James’ camp, most of the Cavaliers’ roster does plan on attending it:
“NEOMG is told that Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Anderson Varejao, J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert, Joe Harris, Mo Williams, James Jones, Richard Jefferson and Sasha Kaun are expected to be on the scene in Miami.”
This doesn’t mean that Thompson won’t a sign a deal with Cleveland any day now and join his teammates as a group.
As of right now however, Thompson is making his message loud and clear about how he’s not currently a Cavalier.