- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Cavs News: Tristan Thompson Will Not Attend LeBron’s Pre-Training Camp
- Updated: September 11, 2015
It looks like Tristan Thompson won’t be attending LeBron James’ pre-training camp after all.
“Restricted free agent Tristan Thompson will not attend the assembly, Northeast Ohio Media Group was informed. With the 24-year-old in the midst of a lengthy contract stalemate with the club, he has elected not to appear.”
It’s clear what Thompson’s message to the organization is: “I’m not currently under contract and don’t assume that I will play for the Cavaliers this season.”
The 24-year-old forward desires a max contract, while Cleveland has offered him a five-year contract worth $80 million.
Though Thompson doesn’t plan on attending James’ camp, most of the Cavaliers’ roster does plan on attending it:
“NEOMG is told that Kyrie Irving, Kevin Love, Anderson Varejao, J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert, Joe Harris, Mo Williams, James Jones, Richard Jefferson and Sasha Kaun are expected to be on the scene in Miami.”
This doesn’t mean that Thompson won’t a sign a deal with Cleveland any day now and join his teammates as a group.
As of right now however, Thompson is making his message loud and clear about how he’s not currently a Cavalier.