- Nate Robinson Addresses Cavs’ Need for Backup Point Guard
- Richard Jefferson Fires Retaliatory Shot at Stephen Curry’s ‘Champagne’ Comments
- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
Report: Cavaliers Meet with Cedi Osman in Germany, High on His Potential
- Updated: September 10, 2015
That may not be the case after all.
International basketball reporter David Pick is hearing that Cleveland’s front office has met with Osman in Germany. Osman is currently playing for the Turkish national team at EuroBasket 2015.
Source: Cavs met in Deutschland with 2015 second-round pick Cedi Osman. High on his breakout EuroBasket.
— David Pick (@IAmDPick) September 9, 2015
The Turkish swingman is just 20 years old, but he has had an impressive performance at EuroBasket this year, as he’s averaged 12.3 points while shooting 52 percent from the field and 35.7 percent from beyond the arc. He also holds per game averages of 4.8 rebounds and 1.0 assist in 30 minutes per contest.
At the present moment, the Cavaliers have 13 guaranteed contracts for the 2015-16 season. Once Tristan Thompson signs a contract with Cleveland, that means 14 players are essentially guaranteed spots for the opening night roster.
Cleveland is stacked right now, and they don’t need Osman’s services at the current moment. However, if the second-round draft pick is eager to play in America right now for whatever reason, it’s hard to imagine the Cavaliers not offering him a contract for training camp.