- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Report: Cavaliers Meet with Cedi Osman in Germany, High on His Potential
- Updated: September 10, 2015
That may not be the case after all.
International basketball reporter David Pick is hearing that Cleveland’s front office has met with Osman in Germany. Osman is currently playing for the Turkish national team at EuroBasket 2015.
Source: Cavs met in Deutschland with 2015 second-round pick Cedi Osman. High on his breakout EuroBasket.
— David Pick (@IAmDPick) September 9, 2015
The Turkish swingman is just 20 years old, but he has had an impressive performance at EuroBasket this year, as he’s averaged 12.3 points while shooting 52 percent from the field and 35.7 percent from beyond the arc. He also holds per game averages of 4.8 rebounds and 1.0 assist in 30 minutes per contest.
At the present moment, the Cavaliers have 13 guaranteed contracts for the 2015-16 season. Once Tristan Thompson signs a contract with Cleveland, that means 14 players are essentially guaranteed spots for the opening night roster.
Cleveland is stacked right now, and they don’t need Osman’s services at the current moment. However, if the second-round draft pick is eager to play in America right now for whatever reason, it’s hard to imagine the Cavaliers not offering him a contract for training camp.