- Video: LeBron James Discusses What Kyle Korver Brings to the Cavs
- Timofey Mozgov: ‘To be honest I miss Cleveland. Everything was special there’
- Channing Frye’s Reaction to the Kyle Korver Trade Is Pure Gold
- Video: Kyrie Irving Has Difficulty Containing Excitement When Asked About Addition of Kyle Korver
- Video: J.R. Smith and His Wife Share Heartbreaking News via Social Media
- 7 Backup Point Guards Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Looking to Target
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets Game Recap: Alpha Dogs
- Video: Kyrie Irving Caps Off Personal 12-0 Run With Unbelievable Circus Shot
- LeBron James: ‘We gotta get a point guard. It’s my last time saying it’
- Report: Frontrunner Emerges as Cavs Expected to Obtain Backup Point Guard Within Next Week
LeBron James Organizing Workouts for Cavs Teammates in Miami
- Updated: September 10, 2015
LeBron James is back in Miami.
The Cleveland Cavaliers star is holding his annual pre-training-camp workouts with Kyrie Irving and other teammates in Miami, according to Brian Windhorst of ESPN. James is organizing voluntary workouts for his Cavaliers teammates for this week and next.
When LeBron played for Heat, he held Sept. workouts in Ohio. Now back with Cavs, he’s holding them in Miami: http://t.co/IO4vt78qJv
— Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) September 8, 2015
Irving has yet to be cleared for basketball activities, but he has been doing conditioning work in South Florida with James. Several Cavs players such as Anderson Varejao, Kevin Love and Timofey Mozgov will be limited as they recover from season-ending injuries.
During the middle of the 2014-15 season, James spent time in Miami while recovering from knee and back issues. After being out of the lineup for two full weeks, the four-time MVP returned and led Cleveland to a 34-10 record for the remainder of the season.
With championship expectations for the team this upcoming season, it’s understandable why James is taking a slightly different approach from the one he took upon his initial return to the Cavaliers last season.
The team will officially return to the basketball court in late September for training camp.