- Report: Cavs ‘Actively Shopping’ Mo Williams and Jordan McRae
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Listening to Trade Offers for Iman Shumpert
- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
Jerry Colangelo: LeBron Has Guaranteed Spot on 2016 Olympic Roster If He Wants It
- Updated: August 12, 2015
According to USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo, Cleveland Cavaliers superstar forward LeBron James knows that he has a roster spot on the 2016 U.S. Olympic basketball team if he wants it.
Jerry Colangelo says LeBron James has a spot on the 2016 U.S. Olympic basketball team if he wants it. pic.twitter.com/2WhEt9KuEG
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) August 11, 2015
After an interview he had on Tuesday with ESPN, Colangelo said he is content with the collective expectation that James is unlikely to make a firm decision about his participation in next summer’s Olympics until after the 2015-16 NBA season.
“He will be in town during the course of this week,” said Colangelo on Tuesday afternoon. “He won’t be participating in any practices to the best of my knowledge, but … he knows he has a [roster] spot. If he wants to perform — and I believe deep down inside he does — then I would expect that he will be playing for us next summer.”
James, who is widely considered to be the best basketball player in the world, has won two gold medals (2008 in Beijing and 2012 in London) with Team USA.