- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Jerry Colangelo Believes LeBron James Wants to Be a Part of Team USA
- Updated: July 30, 2015
LeBron James has been on Team USA for the past three Summer Olympic Games and one important chairman believes he wants to be a part of another one.
Jerry Colangelo, the USA Basketball chairman, believes that James wants to participate in the 2016 Olympics for Team USA. Colangelo stated the following in an interview on Sirius XM NBA Radio:
“I think LeBron wants to be part of it. You know, when you talk about LeBron, Dwyane Wade, Amar’e Stoudemire and Carmelo [Anthony], they were the four young players who were, what, 19 years old, 20 at the best, who were added to the roster when some people dropped out at the last minute.”
The last time the topic came up about James playing internationally was in 2013, with sources saying that he was “doubtful” to play in the 2016 Olympics. At the time, he was coming off of his second gold medal, when the United States finished first for the second consecutive tournament.
During the 2012 Olympics, James averaged 13.3 points, 5.6 rebounds and 5.6 assists per game.
By the time next year’s Olympics roll around, the Cleveland Cavaliers star will be 31 years of age with 13 seasons of NBA wear-and-tear on his body.
With the Cavaliers expected to advance deep into next year’s playoffs, it’s a guessing game as to whether or not James wants to put his body through yet another summer at the Olympic Games.