- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
Jerry Colangelo Believes LeBron James Wants to Be a Part of Team USA
- Updated: July 30, 2015
LeBron James has been on Team USA for the past three Summer Olympic Games and one important chairman believes he wants to be a part of another one.
Jerry Colangelo, the USA Basketball chairman, believes that James wants to participate in the 2016 Olympics for Team USA. Colangelo stated the following in an interview on Sirius XM NBA Radio:
“I think LeBron wants to be part of it. You know, when you talk about LeBron, Dwyane Wade, Amar’e Stoudemire and Carmelo [Anthony], they were the four young players who were, what, 19 years old, 20 at the best, who were added to the roster when some people dropped out at the last minute.”
The last time the topic came up about James playing internationally was in 2013, with sources saying that he was “doubtful” to play in the 2016 Olympics. At the time, he was coming off of his second gold medal, when the United States finished first for the second consecutive tournament.
During the 2012 Olympics, James averaged 13.3 points, 5.6 rebounds and 5.6 assists per game.
By the time next year’s Olympics roll around, the Cleveland Cavaliers star will be 31 years of age with 13 seasons of NBA wear-and-tear on his body.
With the Cavaliers expected to advance deep into next year’s playoffs, it’s a guessing game as to whether or not James wants to put his body through yet another summer at the Olympic Games.