- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Phoenix Suns Game Recap: Ice-Cold Bron
- Video: LeBron James Discusses What Kyle Korver Brings to the Cavs
- Timofey Mozgov: ‘To be honest I miss Cleveland. Everything was special there’
- Channing Frye’s Reaction to the Kyle Korver Trade Is Pure Gold
- Video: Kyrie Irving Has Difficulty Containing Excitement When Asked About Addition of Kyle Korver
- Video: J.R. Smith and His Wife Share Heartbreaking News via Social Media
- 7 Backup Point Guards Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Looking to Target
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets Game Recap: Alpha Dogs
- Video: Kyrie Irving Caps Off Personal 12-0 Run With Unbelievable Circus Shot
- LeBron James: ‘We gotta get a point guard. It’s my last time saying it’
Jerry Colangelo Believes LeBron James Wants to Be a Part of Team USA
- Updated: July 30, 2015
LeBron James has been on Team USA for the past three Summer Olympic Games and one important chairman believes he wants to be a part of another one.
Jerry Colangelo, the USA Basketball chairman, believes that James wants to participate in the 2016 Olympics for Team USA. Colangelo stated the following in an interview on Sirius XM NBA Radio:
“I think LeBron wants to be part of it. You know, when you talk about LeBron, Dwyane Wade, Amar’e Stoudemire and Carmelo [Anthony], they were the four young players who were, what, 19 years old, 20 at the best, who were added to the roster when some people dropped out at the last minute.”
The last time the topic came up about James playing internationally was in 2013, with sources saying that he was “doubtful” to play in the 2016 Olympics. At the time, he was coming off of his second gold medal, when the United States finished first for the second consecutive tournament.
During the 2012 Olympics, James averaged 13.3 points, 5.6 rebounds and 5.6 assists per game.
By the time next year’s Olympics roll around, the Cleveland Cavaliers star will be 31 years of age with 13 seasons of NBA wear-and-tear on his body.
With the Cavaliers expected to advance deep into next year’s playoffs, it’s a guessing game as to whether or not James wants to put his body through yet another summer at the Olympic Games.