- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
Cavs News: Kyrie Irving to Join Team USA Minicamp
- Updated: July 29, 2015
Kyrie Irving has already been cleared to work out. Now it appears that Irving is ready to join Team USA.
The 23-year-old guard won’t be able to play so soon after knee surgery, but that doesn’t seem to be stopping Irving from showing his commitment to Team USA, according to Marc Stein of ESPN:
Another Team USA mini-camp mini-update: Word is Kyrie Irving will indeed be there though he obviously can’t play so soon after knee surgery
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 27, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers veteran played and started on Team USA during the FIBA World Cup last year. It would seem Irving is intent on playing for the team during the Olympics in the summer of 2016. It is likely that teammates LeBron James and Kevin Love will also be on Team USA next summer, so it makes even more sense for Irving to show his commitment during the upcoming mini-camp.
The five-year veteran has not played since suffering a fractured left knee cap in Game 1 of the NBA Finals which resulted in surgery. He is coming off a season in which he was named to the All-NBA Third Team.