- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets Game Recap: Cavs Clinch Central Division
- Kyrie Irving’s Nike Signature Shoe Now Top-Selling Basketball Sneaker
- Kyrie Irving’s Embarrassed Reaction to LeBron James Singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Him on Bus
- Video: LeBron James Calls Out Certain Teammates for Lack of Toughness
- Video: Nuggets Reporter Sitting Courtside Trash Talks LeBron James During Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
Cavs News: James Jones and Cavaliers Agree to One-Year Deal
- Updated: July 23, 2015
According to Chris Haynes of the Northeast Ohio Media Group, Jones has reached an agreement on a one-year deal to return to the franchise for a second season. The contract is for the veteran’s minimum.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) July 23, 2015
Haynes stated the following in regards to Jones’ contract situation:
“The contract, according to one source, is for the veteran’s minimum. The paperwork was faxed to Jones on Thursday, who is in Florida with family. The contract is expected to be signed and finalized as early as tomorrow.”
The 34-year-old veteran will be playing in his sixth consecutive season as a teammate of LeBron James. Jones has won two NBA championships and made five consecutive Finals appearances as a member of both the Cavaliers and Miami Heat.
He averaged 4.4 points and shot 36 percent from three-point range while appearing in 57 games last season.