- Nate Robinson Addresses Cavs’ Need for Backup Point Guard
- Richard Jefferson Fires Retaliatory Shot at Stephen Curry’s ‘Champagne’ Comments
- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Rakeem Christmas to Indiana Pacers
- Updated: July 23, 2015
With reports just a couple days ago that rookies Rakeem Christmas and Sir’Dominic Pointer were unlikely to make the Cleveland Cavaliers roster, it has been announced by General Manager David Griffin that forward/center Christmas has been traded to the Indiana Pacers for a 2019 second-round draft pick.
Christmas was the 36th overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft and appeared in four summer league games for the Cavs. He put up averages of 8.0 points and 4.5 rebounds in about 20.9 minutes per game.
“We really liked Rakeem when he came in for pre-draft workouts,” said Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird. “He is a solid player who was a contributor all four years at Syracuse and we look forward to having him on our team.”