- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
- Four Reasons the Cleveland Cavaliers Should Pursue Chris Bosh in 2017
Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Rakeem Christmas to Indiana Pacers
- Updated: July 23, 2015
With reports just a couple days ago that rookies Rakeem Christmas and Sir’Dominic Pointer were unlikely to make the Cleveland Cavaliers roster, it has been announced by General Manager David Griffin that forward/center Christmas has been traded to the Indiana Pacers for a 2019 second-round draft pick.
Christmas was the 36th overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft and appeared in four summer league games for the Cavs. He put up averages of 8.0 points and 4.5 rebounds in about 20.9 minutes per game.
“We really liked Rakeem when he came in for pre-draft workouts,” said Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird. “He is a solid player who was a contributor all four years at Syracuse and we look forward to having him on our team.”