- LaVar Ball Fires Back at LeBron James and His Angry Comments
- LeBron James Helps Design Sneaker for Disabled Athletes
- Video: LeBron James Takes Shot at NBA for Criticizing Rest Days
- LeBron James Angrily Responds to LaVar Ball’s Comments About His Kids
- LeBron Responds to Public Outrage of Teams Resting Players During NBA Season
- Video: LeBron James Clears the Bench So Kevin Love Can Take a Seat
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers Game Recap: Big 3 Combine for 101, Cavs Clinch Playoff Berth
- Video: LeBron James Casually Sips Coffee From Bench During Cavs-Clippers Game
- NBA Lashes Out at David Griffin for Sitting Out Big 3, Griffin Fires Back
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Rest Day
Cavs Rumors: Cavaliers Interested in Trading Brendan Haywood to Trail Blazers
- Updated: July 20, 2015
Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders reports that the Cavaliers are interested in trading Haywood to the Portland Trail Blazers. In this trade scenario, the Cavs would get a trade exception that could be used during the season to acquire a player. The Blazers would likely be compensated with a draft pick and waive Haywood for free before his contract becomes guaranteed.
If Portland agrees, they get a draft pick and simply waive Haywood, so it costs them nothing – but Cavs get a year to use the TPE.
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) July 19, 2015
The deal would be beneficial for the Cavaliers as they could add to their depth at midseason by using the trade exception. Considering a large reason why the Cavs were able to make a run to the NBA Finals last season was due to a midseason trade that netted them J.R. Smith, Timofey Mozgov and Iman Shumpert.
The trade exception next season could be the difference between a championship or just another deep playoff run.
Haywood’s $10.5 million contract becomes guaranteed if he’s not waived by August 2.