- Several Warriors Players Reveal the One Cavs Player They Actually Like
- Nate Robinson Addresses Cavs’ Need for Backup Point Guard
- Richard Jefferson Fires Retaliatory Shot at Stephen Curry’s ‘Champagne’ Comments
- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
Cavs News: Cavaliers Sign Mo Williams to Two-Year Deal Worth $4.3 Million
- Updated: July 7, 2015
Well, it looks like the Cleveland Cavaliers have found their three-point shooter after all.
According to Yahoo Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski, Mo Williams has agreed to terms on a two-year deal worth $4.3 million with the Cavaliers. The second year is a player option.
Mo Williams agreed to a two-year, $4.3M deal with Cleveland, including a player option, league sources tell Yahoo.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 7, 2015
Williams played with the Cavaliers from 2008 until 2011 and was named to his only All-Star team during the 2008-09 season. Williams paired up with LeBron James to lead Cleveland to a franchise single-season record 66 wins during that season.
While his best years are behind him, he remains an effective scoring option off the bench provided he plays limited minutes. In stints with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Charlotte Hornets last season, the veteran guard averaged 14.2 points per game on 39.7 percent from the field and 34.2 percent from beyond the arc. He is a career 13.4 PPG scorer, while shooting 43.4 percent from the field and 37.9 percent from three-point range over his 12-year NBA career.
With the Williams signing, he is now expected to be the primary backup at point guard.