- Kyrie Irving Struggling With New Responsibility of Defending Elite Point Guards
- Video: LeBron James Takes Brutal Knee to Groin From Wizards Big Man
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Game Recap: Cavs Unable to Contain Wizards Onslaught
- Report: LeBron James Officially Listed as Questionable vs. Washington Wizards
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets Game Recap: Cavs Clinch Central Division
- Kyrie Irving’s Nike Signature Shoe Now Top-Selling Basketball Sneaker
- Kyrie Irving’s Embarrassed Reaction to LeBron James Singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Him on Bus
- Video: LeBron James Calls Out Certain Teammates for Lack of Toughness
- Video: Nuggets Reporter Sitting Courtside Trash Talks LeBron James During Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
Cavs News: Timofey Mozgov Undergoes Successful Knee Scope Surgery, Will Miss Six Weeks
- Updated: July 2, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers made an announcement on Thursday that starting center Timofey Mozgov underwent a successful right knee arthroscopic debridement on Wednesday and will be inactive for the next six weeks.
The Cavs announce Timofey Mozgov went through a successful R knee scope yesterday. They expect a 6-week rehabilitation before he can play
— Dave McMenamin (@mcten) July 2, 2015
The procedure was completed at the Cleveland Clinic Marymount Surgicenter, while Dr. Richard Parker and James Rosneck performed Mozgov’s right knee surgery.
The big man, who recently had his 2015-16 option picked up by the Cavs, was a viable mid-season addition to the team and its success for the remainder of the 2014-15 campaign.
In 46 regular season games (45 starts) with the Cavs, Mozgov averaged 10.6 points, 6.9 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 25 minutes per game. During the playoffs, his production rose as he averaged 10.6 points, 7.3 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 26.5 minutes per game.