- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
- Video: LeBron James Makes Special Announcement via Uninterrupted Platform
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Have Yet to Hold a Practice Session in 2017
Cavs Rumors: Cavaliers and Spurs Discussing Brendan Haywood Trade
- Updated: July 1, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers and San Antonio Spurs are currently discussing a trade involving Brendan Haywood and his non-guaranteed $10.5 million contract for the 2015-16 season, according to Mike Monroe of The San Antonio Express-News.
The Spurs are reportedly dangling Tiago Splitter ($8.5 million) or Boris Diaw ($7.5 million) along with Patty Mills ($3.5 million) in exchange for Haywood.
— Mike Monroe (@Monroe_SA) June 30, 2015
How both sides benefit from such a trade is rather simple—the Cavs get a big they can trade for help on the wings, while Mills can help with scoring off the bench.
On the other hand, the Spurs are in hot pursuit of free agent LaMarcus Aldridge. By acquiring Haywood, they would then release him and clear up roughly $10.5 million in cap space in order to sign Aldridge.
If the trade is to occur, there is little doubt that both sides would benefit almost immediately due to the transaction.