- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
Cavs Rumors: Cavaliers and Spurs Discussing Brendan Haywood Trade
- Updated: July 1, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers and San Antonio Spurs are currently discussing a trade involving Brendan Haywood and his non-guaranteed $10.5 million contract for the 2015-16 season, according to Mike Monroe of The San Antonio Express-News.
The Spurs are reportedly dangling Tiago Splitter ($8.5 million) or Boris Diaw ($7.5 million) along with Patty Mills ($3.5 million) in exchange for Haywood.
— Mike Monroe (@Monroe_SA) June 30, 2015
How both sides benefit from such a trade is rather simple—the Cavs get a big they can trade for help on the wings, while Mills can help with scoring off the bench.
On the other hand, the Spurs are in hot pursuit of free agent LaMarcus Aldridge. By acquiring Haywood, they would then release him and clear up roughly $10.5 million in cap space in order to sign Aldridge.
If the trade is to occur, there is little doubt that both sides would benefit almost immediately due to the transaction.