- Kyrie Irving Struggling With New Responsibility of Defending Elite Point Guards
- Video: LeBron James Takes Brutal Knee to Groin From Wizards Big Man
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Game Recap: Cavs Unable to Contain Wizards Onslaught
- Report: LeBron James Officially Listed as Questionable vs. Washington Wizards
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets Game Recap: Cavs Clinch Central Division
- Kyrie Irving’s Nike Signature Shoe Now Top-Selling Basketball Sneaker
- Kyrie Irving’s Embarrassed Reaction to LeBron James Singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Him on Bus
- Video: LeBron James Calls Out Certain Teammates for Lack of Toughness
- Video: Nuggets Reporter Sitting Courtside Trash Talks LeBron James During Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
Cavs Rumors: Cavaliers and Spurs Discussing Brendan Haywood Trade
- Updated: July 1, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers and San Antonio Spurs are currently discussing a trade involving Brendan Haywood and his non-guaranteed $10.5 million contract for the 2015-16 season, according to Mike Monroe of The San Antonio Express-News.
The Spurs are reportedly dangling Tiago Splitter ($8.5 million) or Boris Diaw ($7.5 million) along with Patty Mills ($3.5 million) in exchange for Haywood.
— Mike Monroe (@Monroe_SA) June 30, 2015
How both sides benefit from such a trade is rather simple—the Cavs get a big they can trade for help on the wings, while Mills can help with scoring off the bench.
On the other hand, the Spurs are in hot pursuit of free agent LaMarcus Aldridge. By acquiring Haywood, they would then release him and clear up roughly $10.5 million in cap space in order to sign Aldridge.
If the trade is to occur, there is little doubt that both sides would benefit almost immediately due to the transaction.