- Kyrie Irving Struggling With New Responsibility of Defending Elite Point Guards
- Video: LeBron James Takes Brutal Knee to Groin From Wizards Big Man
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Game Recap: Cavs Unable to Contain Wizards Onslaught
- Report: LeBron James Officially Listed as Questionable vs. Washington Wizards
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Hornets Game Recap: Cavs Clinch Central Division
- Kyrie Irving’s Nike Signature Shoe Now Top-Selling Basketball Sneaker
- Kyrie Irving’s Embarrassed Reaction to LeBron James Singing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Him on Bus
- Video: LeBron James Calls Out Certain Teammates for Lack of Toughness
- Video: Nuggets Reporter Sitting Courtside Trash Talks LeBron James During Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Defensive Woes Doom Cavs
Cavs News: Kevin Love Agrees to 5-Year, $110 Million Contract
- Updated: July 1, 2015
Cleveland Cavaliers’ fans can now exhale with news that forward Kevin Love has announced that he will be returning to the team and sign a five-year extension that will pay him an estimated $110 million.
Love made the announcement via the online publication, The Players Tribune, in a brief three paragraph note entitled, “Unfinished Business.” He starts by declaring, “I’m going back to Cleveland.”
According to Love, the moment that ultimately crystallized his decision was after Game 1 of the NBA Finals against the Golden State Warriors. Love wrote that he never wanted to play more in a game than that night.
Love referenced the photo that circulated within the past few days of his poolside meeting with LeBron James, noting, “It turns out pools are great meeting places.” He quickly adds, “It was clear Cleveland was the place for me.”
Love, who was acquired in a deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves last August, was lost for the season after having his arm dislocated in a controversial struggle for the ball with Kelly Olynyk of the Boston Celtics in Game 4 of the first round of the NBA Playoffs.
Within the past 24 hours, concern about Love staying with the team again rose with word that he would be meeting with the Los Angeles Lakers. That meeting never materialized, with Love then making the announcement on Wednesday afternoon.