- Timofey Mozgov: ‘To be honest I miss Cleveland. Everything was special there’
- Channing Frye’s Reaction to the Kyle Korver Trade Is Pure Gold
- Video: Kyrie Irving Has Difficulty Containing Excitement When Asked About Addition of Kyle Korver
- Video: J.R. Smith and His Wife Share Heartbreaking News via Social Media
- 7 Backup Point Guards Cleveland Cavaliers Could Be Looking to Target
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets Game Recap: Alpha Dogs
- Video: Kyrie Irving Caps Off Personal 12-0 Run With Unbelievable Circus Shot
- LeBron James: ‘We gotta get a point guard. It’s my last time saying it’
- Report: Frontrunner Emerges as Cavs Expected to Obtain Backup Point Guard Within Next Week
- Video: Kyle Korver Speaks for First Time on Trade to Cleveland Cavaliers
Cavs Rumors: J.R. Smith Looking for Three-Year Deal Worth $24 Million
- Updated: June 29, 2015
J.R. Smith looking for a 3 year deal starting around $8M per year according to a league source. #Cavs
— Probasketballdraft (@Probballdraft) June 28, 2015
The Cavs acquired Smith via trade from the New York Knicks mid-season and was immediately inserted the mercurial guard into the starting lineup opposite Kyrie Irving for a majority of the season.
For the season, Smith averaged 12.1 points, 2.8 assists, and 3.1 rebounds per game and was critical to the Cavs regular season turnaround and deep playoff run.
An eleven year NBA veteran, J.R. will turn 30 in September.