- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
- NBA General Managers Predict Who Will Win Fifth MVP Award in 2016-17
Cavs News: LeBron James Officially Opts Out of Contract, Expected to Return for 2015-16
- Updated: June 28, 2015
As to no surprise, it has just been reported by Cleveland.com that LeBron James will indeed opt out of his $21.57 million option.
— NEOMG Cavs (@PDcavsinsider) June 28, 2015
He is also expected to sign a new one-year deal with an option for the 2016-17 season.
James can officially sign a new contract on July 9, and his option deadline will pass on June 29.
Also, the reason for next year’s one-year option is so that James gets some sort of protection, should something physically bad happen to him this year. It also gives him and his personnel leverage power.