- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
- Video: LeBron James Makes Special Announcement via Uninterrupted Platform
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Have Yet to Hold a Practice Session in 2017
- Klay Thompson Sneak Disses Cleveland Cavaliers During Radio Interview
Cavs Rumors: LeBron James and Kevin Love Expected to Opt Out
- Updated: June 18, 2015
After the 2014-15 Cleveland Cavaliers‘ season officially came to a bitter end on Tuesday night following their 105-97 loss to the Golden State Warriors in Game 6 of the NBA Finals, the Cavs have a handful of pressing needs that must be addressed this offseason.
According to Chris Haynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Cavs General Manager David Griffin expects both James and Love to opt out of their contracts, with Love’s option deadline set for June 25th and James’ for June 29th.
David Griffin says he believes LeBron James and Kevin Love will opt out, but he expects them to be back with #Cavs.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) June 18, 2015
The Cavs, who are fresh off an inspired playoff run that came up just a bit short, are highly optimistic for next season when the team is finally healthy as a collective unit.
“We’re incredibly excited about moving forward with this group. We intend to keep this group together,” said Griffin during his end-of-the-season press conference on Thursday afternoon. “This has the ability to be a special, special group.”