- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Listening to Trade Offers for Iman Shumpert
- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
Cavs Rumors: LeBron James and Kevin Love Expected to Opt Out
- Updated: June 18, 2015
After the 2014-15 Cleveland Cavaliers‘ season officially came to a bitter end on Tuesday night following their 105-97 loss to the Golden State Warriors in Game 6 of the NBA Finals, the Cavs have a handful of pressing needs that must be addressed this offseason.
According to Chris Haynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Cavs General Manager David Griffin expects both James and Love to opt out of their contracts, with Love’s option deadline set for June 25th and James’ for June 29th.
David Griffin says he believes LeBron James and Kevin Love will opt out, but he expects them to be back with #Cavs.
— Chris Haynes (@ChrisBHaynes) June 18, 2015
The Cavs, who are fresh off an inspired playoff run that came up just a bit short, are highly optimistic for next season when the team is finally healthy as a collective unit.
“We’re incredibly excited about moving forward with this group. We intend to keep this group together,” said Griffin during his end-of-the-season press conference on Thursday afternoon. “This has the ability to be a special, special group.”