- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers Listening to Trade Offers for Iman Shumpert
- LeBron James Roasts Kevin Love’s Shoe Game via Social Media
- Cavs Rumors: Cleveland Cavaliers in Advanced Trade Talks With Multiple Teams
- Cavs Rumors: DeAndre Liggins Likely to Win Final Roster Spot on Cavaliers
- Video: LeBron James and Teammates Erupt as Cleveland Indians Advance to World Series
- J.R. Smith Responds to Alleged Racism Towards Jeremy Lin and Asian-Americans
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards Preseason Game Recap: Late Comeback Falls Short
- Video: LeBron James Drives the Lane and Throws Down Two-Handed Hammer
- Kyle Lowry Says He Knows How Raptors Can Beat Cavs in Playoffs
- Tyronn Lue Compares LeBron James and Kyrie Irving to Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant
Cavs News: Kevin Love Expected to Miss Rest of Playoffs
- Updated: April 28, 2015
The status of Kevin Love for the remainder of the postseason took a sharp hit on Tuesday when Cleveland Cavaliers’ general manager David Griffin announced that the team is not expecting the power forward to return this season.
The report, from Tom Withers of the Associated Press, noted that Griffin said that it would be “a real surprise” if Love is able to resume playing, since he reportedly had “extensive” damage to his shoulder. In addition, a tweet from the Akron Beacon Journal’s Jason Lloyd says that surgery is an option.
#Cavs GM David Griffin says he doesn’t believe Kevin Love will play again this postseason, surgery is an option
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) April 28, 2015
On Monday, it was announced that Love would miss the Cavaliers’ upcoming series in the Eastern Conference semifinals against either the Chicago Bulls or Milwaukee Bucks, with the first game tentatively scheduled for next Monday.
Currently, the Bulls lead their series 3-2, but have dropped two straight contests and must face the Bucks in Milwaukee on Thursday.
Love injured his shoulder in Sunday’s clinching victory over the Boston Celtics when he and Boston forward Kelly Olynyk got their arms entangled while going for a loose ball. Olynyk appeared to twist Love’s arm to cause the injury, a charge that Olynyk denied. However, he has been suspended for one game at the start of next season.