- Nate Robinson Addresses Cavs’ Need for Backup Point Guard
- Richard Jefferson Fires Retaliatory Shot at Stephen Curry’s ‘Champagne’ Comments
- Video: LeBron James Shuts Down Heckling Warriors Fan With Perfect Response
- LeBron James Addresses Draymond Green’s Dirty Flagrant Foul
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Golden State Warriors Game Recap: File and Forget
- Video: Richard Jefferson Goes at Draymond Green After Flagrant Foul on LeBron
- David Griffin Compares LeBron James to Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time
- Report: Carmelo Anthony Would Waive No-Trade Clause to Come to Cleveland
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Recap: Back on Track
- Kyrie Irving to Pay Tuition of 12-Year-Old Student at Former High School
Cavs News: Kevin Love Expected to Miss Rest of Playoffs
- Updated: April 28, 2015
The status of Kevin Love for the remainder of the postseason took a sharp hit on Tuesday when Cleveland Cavaliers’ general manager David Griffin announced that the team is not expecting the power forward to return this season.
The report, from Tom Withers of the Associated Press, noted that Griffin said that it would be “a real surprise” if Love is able to resume playing, since he reportedly had “extensive” damage to his shoulder. In addition, a tweet from the Akron Beacon Journal’s Jason Lloyd says that surgery is an option.
#Cavs GM David Griffin says he doesn’t believe Kevin Love will play again this postseason, surgery is an option
— Jason Lloyd (@JasonLloydABJ) April 28, 2015
On Monday, it was announced that Love would miss the Cavaliers’ upcoming series in the Eastern Conference semifinals against either the Chicago Bulls or Milwaukee Bucks, with the first game tentatively scheduled for next Monday.
Currently, the Bulls lead their series 3-2, but have dropped two straight contests and must face the Bucks in Milwaukee on Thursday.
Love injured his shoulder in Sunday’s clinching victory over the Boston Celtics when he and Boston forward Kelly Olynyk got their arms entangled while going for a loose ball. Olynyk appeared to twist Love’s arm to cause the injury, a charge that Olynyk denied. However, he has been suspended for one game at the start of next season.