- 5 Signs That Point Kevin Love Making All-Star Team This Season
- Tyronn Lue Said Something to LeBron That Pissed Him off During Game 7 of Finals
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls Game Recap: Lackadaisical Effort Leads to Third Straight Loss
- J.R. Smith Gives Possible Explanation for Recent Shooting Struggles
- Video: Dwyane Wade Trolls LeBron James in Wake of Lost World Series Bet
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Clippers Game Recap: Defensive Woes Continue
- Video: Kyrie Irving Punches Paul Pierce Out of Frustration
- Video: Kyrie Irving Loses Chris Paul With Nasty Dribble Move as Bench Erupts
- LeBron James Speaks About Possibly Meeting Warriors in Finals for Third Straight Year
- LeBron James Named Sports Illustrated’s 2016 Sportsperson of the Year
Report: LeBron James ‘Frustrated’ with Kevin Love
- Updated: March 26, 2015
In the latest instance of a media outlet hyping the supposed discord between the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James and Kevin Love, Frank Isola of the New York Daily News is reporting that James is allegedly “frustrated” with Love, which could lead to the latter’s departure after this season.
Isola describes the lingering controversy as a “rift,” despite being 500 miles from the Cavaliers’ home base. Meanwhile, his main evidence consists of anonymous sources who are reportedly close to the situation. He also cites Love’s radio comments from Monday, which also sparked plenty of media attention, as further evidence.
The fact that a New York writer is making this claim while also pointing out that the New York Knicks will have plenty of cash available to sign free agents makes the alleged rumor suspect.
To start with, the Knicks currently have the worst record in the NBA. When Love announced he wanted to be traded from the Minnesota Timberwolves last year, he cited the team’s inability to reach the postseason as one of the reasons.
This wouldn’t be the first time that those in the Big Apple looked toward a Cavs player as a potential savior. After James signed with the Miami Heat in July 2010, many in the city were upset as if it was a given that he would sign with the Knicks. That sense of entitlement seems to be in evident in this case with Isola.
If there is a rift between the two players, they appear to be doing a good job of hiding their animosity. Following Cleveland’s Wednesday night rout of the Memphis Grizzlies, Love photobombed James’ post-game interview to wish his mother a happy birthday.