- LeBron James Speaks Out on Effect of Kevin Love’s Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Six Weeks After Undergoing Knee Surgery
- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Bringing the D
- Report: Pat Riley Killed Two Trade Deals to Avoid Helping LeBron James
- Video: Colin Cowherd Reveals Why Cavs Will Once Again Win NBA Title
10 Reasons Why the Cavs Will Win a Championship This Year
- Updated: March 12, 2015
The Cleveland Cavaliers (41-25) have been red-hot since the All-Star break as they have skyrocketed up the Eastern Conference standings and now sit comfortably at the No. 2 seed in the East.
As a matter of fact, the Cavs have been performing at such a high level that they are now heavy favorites to win the NBA title at 21/10 odds according to Bovada. Whether you agree with the oddsmakers of Las Vegas or not, here are 10 reasons why we think the city of Cleveland will hoist their first Larry O’Brien trophy in June.
1. Solid Team Chemistry
Ever since the acquisition of Timofey Mozgov, J.R. Smith, and Iman Shumpert, the Cavs have been clicking. During a 20-game stretch in the months of January and February, the Cavaliers went 17-3 and led the NBA in net rating, outscoring opponents by 11 points per 100 possessions.
“I wasn’t expecting it to be this close knit. They really jell outside the court. You could tell on the plane ride coming back from Detroit there was a whole group conversation on the plane, just talking about basketball, talking about life. When you’ve got guys who deal with each other outside the court and connect like that, it carries over onto the court. You could tell it was genuine.”
Although the team only has three healthy, returning members from a year ago, the chemistry appears to be at an all-time high.
Next: Stellar Team Defense