- J.R. Smith Addresses His Status for Game 3 vs. Indiana Pacers
- Latest NBA 2K17 Update Reveals New Ratings for Cavs Players
- Video: Kevin Love Hilariously Interrupts LeBron James During Postgame Press Conference
- LeBron James Passes Magic Johnson on All-Time Playoff Steals List
- Warriors Roasted on Twitter for Stealing Cavs’ Playoff Slogan and Design
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Game 2 Recap: Big 3 Goes Off in Game 2 Victory
- Kyrie Irving Drains 3-Pointer in Lance Stephenson’s Face, Proceeds to Talk Trash
- LeBron James Alters Free-Throw Shooting Technique With Help From Kyle Korver
- LeBron James Continues Odd Playoff Tradition Into 2017 NBA Playoffs
- Warriors Shamelessly Steal Cavs’ Entire Playoff Slogan and Design
Cavs News: Cavs Fear Anderson Varejao May Have Torn Achilles
- Updated: December 24, 2014
Cavs’ Anderson Varejao has left foot/ankle injury. Will not return vs Wolves.
— Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) December 24, 2014
Varejao was unable to put any weight on his left leg as his teammates had to help carry him off the court. Sam Amico of Fox Sports also reported that Varejao left the locker room wearing crutches and further evaluation will be done tomorrow.
On the downside for Cavs, Anderson Varejao left locker room on crutches wearing an air cast. Status update expected tomorrow. — Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) December 24, 2014
The most recent and quite possibly most devastating news up until now however, has been reported by Brian Windhorst and Marc Stein of ESPN, who have stated,
“Initial tests weren’t able to determine the severity of the injury and Varejao was forced to leave the arena on crutches, with league sources telling ESPN.com that the Cavs fear one potential outcome is a torn Achilles.”
We will keep you updated on the status of Varejao’s injury as he awaits for the swelling to go down before being evaluated again on Wednesday.