- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Game Recap: New Big 3 Combine for 71 in Tight Win
- Video: LeBron James Throws Filthy Bounce Pass Through Andrew Wiggins’ Legs
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers to Increase Payroll After Kevin Love’s Injury
- LeBron James Speaks Out on Effect of Kevin Love’s Injury
- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Six Weeks After Undergoing Knee Surgery
- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
Cavs News: Cavs Fear Anderson Varejao May Have Torn Achilles
- Updated: December 24, 2014
Cavs’ Anderson Varejao has left foot/ankle injury. Will not return vs Wolves.
— Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) December 24, 2014
Varejao was unable to put any weight on his left leg as his teammates had to help carry him off the court. Sam Amico of Fox Sports also reported that Varejao left the locker room wearing crutches and further evaluation will be done tomorrow.
On the downside for Cavs, Anderson Varejao left locker room on crutches wearing an air cast. Status update expected tomorrow. — Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) December 24, 2014
The most recent and quite possibly most devastating news up until now however, has been reported by Brian Windhorst and Marc Stein of ESPN, who have stated,
“Initial tests weren’t able to determine the severity of the injury and Varejao was forced to leave the arena on crutches, with league sources telling ESPN.com that the Cavs fear one potential outcome is a torn Achilles.”
We will keep you updated on the status of Varejao’s injury as he awaits for the swelling to go down before being evaluated again on Wednesday.