- LeBron James Explains Why He Doesn’t Want to Stay at NYC Trump Hotel
- Cavs News: Team Releases MRI Results for J.R. Smith’s Knee Injury
- Video: LeBron James Speaks on Status of His Near Injury
- LeBron James and Other Cavs Players Refuse to Stay at NYC Trump Hotel When Cavs Play Knicks
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Toronto Raptors Game Recap: Cavs Stop Three-Game Skid
- Cavs News: Team Releases Initial X-Ray Results for J.R. Smith’s Knee Injury
- Video: Kyrie Irving Delivers Sick Behind-the-Back Pass to LeBron James on Fast Break
- Video: J.R. Smith in Serious Pain After Landing Awkwardly on Left Knee
- 5 Signs That Point Kevin Love Making All-Star Team This Season
- Tyronn Lue Said Something to LeBron That Pissed Him off During Game 7 of Finals
Cavs News: Cavs Fear Anderson Varejao May Have Torn Achilles
- Updated: December 24, 2014
Cavs’ Anderson Varejao has left foot/ankle injury. Will not return vs Wolves.
— Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) December 24, 2014
Varejao was unable to put any weight on his left leg as his teammates had to help carry him off the court. Sam Amico of Fox Sports also reported that Varejao left the locker room wearing crutches and further evaluation will be done tomorrow.
On the downside for Cavs, Anderson Varejao left locker room on crutches wearing an air cast. Status update expected tomorrow. — Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) December 24, 2014
The most recent and quite possibly most devastating news up until now however, has been reported by Brian Windhorst and Marc Stein of ESPN, who have stated,
“Initial tests weren’t able to determine the severity of the injury and Varejao was forced to leave the arena on crutches, with league sources telling ESPN.com that the Cavs fear one potential outcome is a torn Achilles.”
We will keep you updated on the status of Varejao’s injury as he awaits for the swelling to go down before being evaluated again on Wednesday.