- Kevin Love’s Return to All-Star Form Has Elevated Cavs to Whole New Level
- Iman Shumpert Fires Expletive-Laced Shot at Golden State Warriors
- J.R. Smith Gives Mind-Boggling Response When Asked Why He Dapped Up Jason Terry Mid-Game
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Milwaukee Bucks Game Recap: Defensive Meltdown
- Video: J.R. Smith Daps Up Jason Terry on Bucks’ Bench, Bucks Score Free Dunk
- Video: LeBron James Elevates for the Wicked Tomahawk Dunk
- Kyrie Irving Explains Why He’s Such a Lethal One-on-One Player
- Cavs News: Kevin Love Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
- Video: Odell Beckham Jr. Taunts Cleveland Browns Fans With LeBron James Celebration
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Philadelphia 76ers Game Recap: Money Time
Cavs News: Anderson Varejao Questionable Against Indiana Pacers
- Updated: November 29, 2014
After suffering a rib contusion during Wednesday night’s 113-87 rout of the Washington Wizards, Cleveland Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao is questionable to play in Saturday night’s home game against the Indiana Pacers, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
There was no indication from Cavs Head Coach David Blatt for what exactly caused the injury. Varejao is averaging 10.9 points and 6.9 rebounds per game this season, and has been especially accurate with his outside shot, connecting on 61 percent of his attempts.
Not surprisingly, Varejao has had his fair share of problems staying healthy over the past few years, missing two-thirds of Cleveland’s games from 2010-13 with a variety of injuries.
If Varejao is unable to go, the likely starter will be Tristan Thompson, who has made his mark this year when it comes to offensive side rebounding. Behind him is only Brendan Haywood, who has only seen 20 minutes of action in the team’s first 14 contests, and possiblly Lou Amundson, who has only 37 minutes on the court thus far.
Blatt said a final decision on Varejao’s status will be made following Saturday morning’s shootaround. “We’ll see [how he feels] tomorrow,” said Blatt in response to questions as to whether the veteran would play.