- Cavs News: Kevin Love to Miss Six Weeks After Undergoing Knee Surgery
- Report: Cavs Release Updated Timetable for J.R. Smith’s Return
- Cavs Concerned Kevin Love Could Be in Line for ‘Extended Absence’
- Cavs News: Cleveland Cavaliers Trade Chris Andersen to Charlotte Hornets
- LeBron James Gives His Opinion on Derrick Williams’ Future With Cavs
- Report: Kevin Love Could Miss Extended Period of Time Due to Injury
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Game Recap: Bringing the D
- Report: Pat Riley Killed Two Trade Deals to Avoid Helping LeBron James
- Video: Colin Cowherd Reveals Why Cavs Will Once Again Win NBA Title
- Report: Cleveland Cavaliers Nearing a Decision on Forward Derrick Williams
Cavs News: Anderson Varejao Questionable Against Indiana Pacers
- Updated: November 29, 2014
After suffering a rib contusion during Wednesday night’s 113-87 rout of the Washington Wizards, Cleveland Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao is questionable to play in Saturday night’s home game against the Indiana Pacers, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
There was no indication from Cavs Head Coach David Blatt for what exactly caused the injury. Varejao is averaging 10.9 points and 6.9 rebounds per game this season, and has been especially accurate with his outside shot, connecting on 61 percent of his attempts.
Not surprisingly, Varejao has had his fair share of problems staying healthy over the past few years, missing two-thirds of Cleveland’s games from 2010-13 with a variety of injuries.
If Varejao is unable to go, the likely starter will be Tristan Thompson, who has made his mark this year when it comes to offensive side rebounding. Behind him is only Brendan Haywood, who has only seen 20 minutes of action in the team’s first 14 contests, and possiblly Lou Amundson, who has only 37 minutes on the court thus far.
Blatt said a final decision on Varejao’s status will be made following Saturday morning’s shootaround. “We’ll see [how he feels] tomorrow,” said Blatt in response to questions as to whether the veteran would play.